This is one of the few posts actually written by Michael! I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
There we were working away on the wood shop with our 6000 watt honda generator, everything going well. You know the devil doesn't like progress though and our generator started having troubles. First it started with trouble with a low idle setting that saved fuel. That was not a problem because we could run it at full power and it worked fine, it just burned more gas. Then it was having trouble starting up at all, but would usually work with a little tinkering. This is when I thought it would be a good idea to get another cheap generator, just in case.
Well the time came for us to go into Georgetown and get our goods, and I went around to various shops looking at generators. Most were way too expensive or bigger than I wanted. As my options began to dwindle I prayed that the Lord would find the perfect generator for us, and lead me to it. The next store I went into had just what I wanted. A small, affordable generator, about $750, that would be perfect for us. I had the cash with me and was ready to buy it, I asked the salesman about it and he told me it wasn't even for sale! It turned out it was used and he wouldn't sell it until the mechanic could check it over. I was a little bummed, but I planned later in the day to go back and make an offer on it, pending the mechanics inspection.
This all happened at the same time as we picked up our shipment and as you may have read, things didn't go as planned. We ended up leaving the same day and I didn't have time to go back to the store. We got back to the campus and the next day guess what happened, the big generator finally refused to work at all! I thought, boy, sure would have been nice if we'd have come back with that generator, but we put our trust in the Lord that he would provide.
The next day Gilbert called the States to check out prices there and found out that David Gates, our sort of boss, was flying down the day after in his plane. He got a hold of David and asked him if he had any room for a generator on the plane. The answer: if it's under 120 lbs, sure! He told him what we were looking for and David called back a few hours later. He had found a 3500 watt Honda generator on sale for $1000. (Much better quality than the one I had looked at) And guess how much it weighed, 118 lbs. We also didn't have to pay the $500 or so dollars in import duty because it came down on his plane.
Four days later Gilbert went and picked it up and we got back to work right away. The new generator has been in almost constant use around the campus and should last for many years. Our big generator has been out of service for almost 2 months now, but should be back in another week. The Lord truly provided what was best for us just when we needed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment