2008-10-27

Oct 7

Caught a baby iguana. It was bright green with a beautiful dark brown pattern on it's little back. This little guy was lounging on the front steps of our house. I was pretty surprised at how easy he was to catch. All the other common lizards we have running all over campus are extremely fast and would be terribly difficult to catch. The only time I got my hands on one of them was last year when I found one who had fallen into a water bucket and couldn't get out. Poor thing!

The little iguana definitely noticed me, but I was able to quickly grab hold of him before he bolted. He squirmed and wiggled to try to get free, but I gently carried him over the the edge of the jungle to let him go. I put him on the sleeve of my shirt to see what he would do. True to my prediction, he flung himself off as quickly as possibly. Hopefully he will be happy in the jungle, though I wouldn't mind seeing him again. I guess the iguanas love eating Bora to we may just be seeing more of them in the months to come.

Anyway, I love jungle critters!

No comments: