2008-10-27

In Transit






The plane trip from San Fransisco into Port of Spain, Trinidad went about as expected; long hours, little sleep, and a safe arrival. We met up with Aaron in Trinidad with no problem. He was kind enough to come meet us at the airport when our flight arrived. He showed us around a bit and and filled our ears with many adventurous tales of his time there. Then we headed over to his friend's house and stayed there until we all had to be back to the airport that night.


It was so nice to rest for a while as Michael and I were pretty tired. I didn't rest too much though since there were three precious little kittens there to play with!
Trinidad was nothing I hadn't already seen before. It reminded me a lot of Georgetown with its bustling streets and swarms of people. The only thing I was sad to leave were those little kittens. They were so much fun!

I think we were all happy that the flight into Guyana was only about an hour long from Trinidad. All three of us were pretty tired. We got in a bit before 11:00pm and all made it through customs with no problem. As anticipated, we were met instantly with a host of taxi drivers anxious for a customer. I generally think how overwhelming that is, everyone trying to get you to ride with them, but that night it was just what we needed. We snagged the first driver we found and in no time we were on were on our way to Campbleville (the little section of Georgetown where the mission house sits).

No comments: