2010-05-20

Paddling the Tualatin

I was standing outside in time to see some cruel black clouds roll in, start pouring rain and eventually start hailing on our little world. "Great," I thought. "We're in for more of an adventure than I had hoped!"

We were about to set off for an afternoon of canoeing on the Tualatin River with a group of eager young adults. So much planning had gone into the trip that it would be terrible to have to cancel the day of because of poor weather. We piled into our designated vehicles and headed out in good faith that we'd get in a good paddle. I was amazed at how God blessed us. Not only did the sun come out as we arrived at the river, but the air temperature was so pleasant that many people were comfortable in T-Shirts.

We spent many happy hours paddling along, chatting and laughing, or sometimes just quietly
soaking in the beauty of the day.

We stopped along the way at a little park where we enjoyed supper together. Of course most of the time was spent happily lounging in the sunshine, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.


No comments: