2010-05-20

Church on the Beach




















I've been told how deprived I was for never having been to the Oregon coast. I guess I can count my blessing that my deprivation has now ceased. This past Sabbath we shared a church on the beach experience with our beloved young adults. We spent the day at Cannon Beach.

We were so fortunate to have had decent weather. You never know around here when it will start dumping rain on you. We didn't have to worry about rain, thank goodness!





















Our friend Bob led out our church service, taking us on a thought provoking journey using some fun footprint games in the sand. One activity was to get with a partner and take turns showing with your footprints what your life's journey looks like. Bob's example was great. At one point he threw his body down on the sand explaining that he got hit by a car, and then frantically started making a sand angel (an angel had saved him).

The rest of the day was spent walking the beach, relaxing, visiting by the fire and feasting. I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all.

No comments: