The Kids Klub (my work playground) is a pretty neat set up. If there's a parent who would otherwise be stuck at home with a child who wants to come exercise for an hour or two they can drop off their child with me and go do their thing. I get to entertain Jr. until mom or dad returns. It's really helpful to parents, and the kids seem to really enjoy the change of scenery as well.
The kids have all discovered by now that I will play with them, so the moment I walk in the door I am usually in high demand. I don't mind though, it's tons of fun to be able to play every day. It cracks me us because some times the kids are having so much fun that they start crying when their parents come to pick them up. I guess we're doing our job right. :)
Michael and I live close enough to Cascade that I ride my bike almost every day. It's a pleasant 25-30 minute ride that gives me an extra dose of activity in my day. It's really nice, even when it rains. I'll let you know if that changes at all when the snow starts falling, but for now I'm enjoying it.
I'm kind of bummed that I am only working there part time right now, but am still grateful for the hours I do have. It's interesting because my schedule is different every day. Every other day I either open the Kids Klub (8:15am-1:00pm) or close (5:00pm-8:30pm). It's kind of wild riding my bike home after dark, but hey, I'm always game for a bit of adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment