2009-09-15

Home Sweet Home

Today I am writing to you from the wonderful state of Oregon. We're living here now, a change that happened a lot faster than I had expected. Michael and I decided to move here for a couple of reasons.

First of all, OR is a gorgeous place filled with opportunities for the outdoor adventurer. True, its beautiful because it rains most of the year, but hey, at least it's green!

Secondly, We have a friend, Ed, who has grown up here and is heavily involved in different kinds of contracting work with his dad. He has a tremendous collection of wood working machinery which has keenly caught Michael's attention. He is going to be working closely with Ed and his dad for the next little bit here, helping with some fix-up work in various houses, and hopefully try his hand in their shop.

Ed happens to be dating one of my best friends in the whole world who is planning to move up here too. That was my draw! I will be so happy to finally be living by a friend again, I can't tell you!

I am still working on employment and will keep you posted on that. My most recent prospect is a childcare position at an athletic club. "Lauren Gregory, esteemed babysitter?" Perhaps, we'll see.

In case you are interested in dropping us a note some time (and please do), our new address is:

13059 SE Powell Blvd. #9
Portland, OR 97236

Write us!

Here are some pictures of the little apartment we just moved into yesterday.


The second story of any building may be a hike for some people, but we much preferred it to the bottom level. Seems more private. I love seeing the branches of the trees out our windows too!


This apartment seemed very spacious until we moved all our earthly belongings into it. We still have a long way to go before everything has found a place to reside. I guess it would help if we had furniture. We are certainly going to have to get creative!


I love the kitchen. It is a good size for the apt. and has ample storage. I approve!



The apartment has two small bedrooms.



I'm so glad these photos were taken before all our heaps of stuff got dumped in. Savor it for what it was. :)


And of course, the bathroom.


If you ever want to come visit, we'd love to have you. We have an extra bedroom for you, just waiting for you to get here!

No comments: