
In the early days of August Michael and I boarded a plane that would take us away from our home in the jungle. It was time to go home. We had spent nearly a year at BMMC and had been part of a period of growth and change there. We had seen buildings go up, produce being grown, students and staff flourishing in friendships, and lives being dedicated to the service of Jesus Christ. What a year!
Since we've been back in the States, we have been visiting with family and friends in CA and prayerfully seeking out the next step in our future. Where does God want us? It's hard to say for sure. But I am confident in saying that I do have an idea of how he wants us to live. Though we are not necessarily in "the mission field" any more, we can still live each and every day filled with the love and grace of God. We can still serve those around us. We can still start our days with songs of praise on our lips. We can still be a witness for him in the things we say and the way
In case you are wondering, yes, we are back to stay. Guyana was a wonderful experience, but we both felt we were ready to be home. Nevertheless, we will continue to support Bethany Medical Missionary College with our prayers and finances. I highly encourage you to do the same, to any mission project that you know needs help. I understand that the US is feeling a lot of financial tension these days, but I know people can still give. How do I know that? Because Michael and I are homeless and virtually jobless, but we continue to give a portion of our earnings as an offering to a wonderful cause and we are doing just fine. The Lord will provide and has never let us down.
When we were in Guyana, our little church there use to always quote Malachi 3:10 before collecting the of
P.S. If you are interested in helping us support the ongoing projects at BMMC please get in touch with us. We would be happy to share the different areas of need down there. We hope to hear from you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment