The second week back to school after spring break was flooded with a host of new faces to the campus. The next week and a half was totally dedicated to evangelism training led by five different pastors who apparently do these meetings all over Guyana each year. This year the meetings weren't just for the students and staff of BMMC. In fact we had people from all over the place. Most of them were pastors and elders from Bethany and Mashabo, but we also had a few that had traveled hours by boat to be blessed by the training.
BMMC once again became what we like to call "Hotel Bethany." Every spare room, mattress, and mosquito net were called to use. It was a pretty drastic change for me. Just the

previous week Michael and I had pretty much been the only ones on our end of campus. During the week of training our little neighborhood was bustling with activity. We had a new neighbor every other day as the speaking pastors came and went. We also had a newborn baby arrive on campus with the return of Andre and Natoya, our two students from Barbados. I guess they planned the arrival of their baby girl pretty well. She was born over the break so they didn't have to be gone from school for too long.
The evangelism training itself was very well received. While meeting underneath the women's dorm, the various pastors covered a wide range of topics from family life and how to counsel others to how to function within the range of your church district and what words are overused in church services. I think they really did cover everything. I didn't stay for all of the talks since many of them were definitely not applicable to my particular spiritual gifts or goals in life, but the talks I did stay for were very well done. They even had a baby dedication in one of the morning sessions. That was cool!
I know that this training will further strengthen the education our students. I'm expecting great things from this batch!
No comments:
Post a Comment