Gilbert was right! Those hungry iguanas LOVE bora. Bora is a vine plant that produces a tasty bean that resembles a long string bean. Lately the bora we planted has been the most thriving crop in the garden. That only means about one full handful gets picked per day, but we are excited about that! It is really nice putting the tasty bean in our salads, soups, rice dishes, whatever! But growing things seems to be a constant battle against the jungle critters. Those iguanas are the biggest threat to the bora as they will chomp down heartily on the entire plant and eat it down to a sad little nubbin.
Michael has seen up to three iguanas in his garden at one time. The best thing to do to keep them away is to catch them and relocate them far, FAR away from our campus. Four
Michael has planted his next round of bora in an attempt to keep a steady flow of produce growing. I guess some other invaders have started in on these. Michael is suspecting crickets this time, and he has seen the acoushi ant going at it as well. Each creature eats the plants a different way, all are destructive!
By the way, the fogge
1 comment:
Will you bring me back an iguana. I don't care if it does eat my garden - he won't get much! Mom and I had fun chasing Iguanas in Mexico . . . but I couldn't catch them - they were way too quick.
Post a Comment