
Christmas came and went for us like the birth of Christ. It was humble, but glorious in its own way. We spent Christmas day on the campus of BMMC. The only other people there were the Sissons. Michael and I had wrapped several gifts for them and didn't worry so much about ourselves. It was nice that way. We had a wonderful feast with their family and

then enjoyed a relaxing day together.
We did give a gift each to each other, but we didn't go too crazy like many people I know at Christmas time. My gift to Michael was a nice set of chisels for wood working.
His gift to me was better than anything I could have ever hoped for. It was a hot water heating system for our shower. It's not professional grade or anything, but it heats my water. You don't know what a blissful state of elation I am in when I shower now. Before I showered kick

ing and screaming. I HATE cold showers with a vengeance! Michael is wonderful! He very creatively took some bricks, a huge pot, some copper coils, some PVC pipe, some wood, some saw dust, and a single match to make my dreams come true! Did I mention that Michael is wonderful? He's WONDERFUL!!!

Michael and I also just celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Saturday. Yea us! I had prearranged a little gift for Michael that he could munch on for the day. It was delivered to us after church. Michael is quite fond of a little snack in town called a Pine Tart. Pine is simply short for pineapple, so you can use your imagination to fill in the tasty details. I commissioned a lady to make me some heart shaped pine tarts that I could give to my sweet husband. She did a brilliant job, and since

she is quite fond of food coloring, she added a little something special to spruce things up a bit. She's so cute! Michael gobbled them up with me with absolute delight shining from his big brown eyes. It was fun!
After churc

h and a nice lunch we borrowed a boat from the same family that produced the Pine Tarts and went for a beautiful paddle through the jungle. It was so nice! I miss paddling, a lot! It was so quiet and peaceful where we went. It was like we were the only two people alive, living in a jungle paradise! I had a tiny taste of what Adam and Eve must have felt like in Eden. Beautiful! I could get used to that!


No comments:
Post a Comment