Of course most of the time it's not too cold, temperatures roving around the 40's. We can do that! All I have to do is pile on my winter clothes and I am quite comfortable in my little apartment. That's what people do when it's cold, right? Wear snow pants and a down jacket in their house? Makes perfect sense to me!
This past Tuesday we were enjoying a quiet afternoon at home. As I was meandering around the house, doing who knows what, my jaw quite literally dropped as I happened to glance out my kitchen window. Our typical rainy winter day had started snowing profusely all of a sudden. WOW! SNOW! I felt like it was my first time seeing snow fall, such was my surprise. I couldn't believe it!
Along with many of our neighbors, Michael and I jubilantly bundled up and ran outside to enjoy the short lived event. It was fun! The snow fell for a few hours before letting up. And by morning, most of it had melted. But we had had our fun. And now we know that it really does snow in Portland, not just rain all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment